Monday, August 20, 2012

Introduction: Bible Study Blog

When I was younger, I don't think I fully grasped what it meant to be a believer and follower of Christ. I didn't read the Bible with the intention of getting insight into God's word. I would read it, but I didn't understand it and to understand something you have to study, correct? Well I didn't know how to study the Bible [I was never good at studying in school either =/, but I got by and finished school 3rd in my class. But as a Christian, I don't want to simply "get by" or just "get to heaven". That cannot be my one and only purpose in this life. Yes, I am excited at the thought of spending eternity with my Lord, but if we get so focused on only getting to heaven, we will miss the now, and there are so many people in the now who do not have a relationship with Jesus!]

In recent years I've come to realize how important it is to read God's word, and not simply read it, but understand it! You can read something and know what it says, but not fully understand what it means.  I want to be able to read God's word and be able to grasp at what God is telling me through it and get a glimpse of who He is. I don't want what I read to be just words on a page, because I know in my heart and Spirit that they are so much more than that!

The purpose of this Blog Bible Study is not only to get information and insight into God's word (Holy Spirit inspired) out to the public, but it is also to help me grow in my walk with the Lord. I pray in some way He can speak through me to you and it bring encouragement, insight, faith, peace, and understanding to you, as well as me.

Feedback and comments are welcome. However, since this is a Christian, family friendly blog, I would appreciate it if all commentators will use respectful and appropriate language (whether your comment is for or against my posts). Also, I would ask that there be no bullying, crude, or unkind remarks made to fellow commentators. Any comments violating this request will be removed. I want opinions of others, but I want it done in a godly manner. If you do not believe in God, I still ask this simple courtesy toward others and myself.

Titus 3:2 NET
They must not slander anyone, but be peaceable, gentle, showing complete courtesy to all people.

Thank you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment